Wednesday, August 23, 2006

[Exhibition] Sam James - I'll believe in anything - Perth Centre for Photography, 91 Brisbane St. Perth, 16 Aug - 3 Sept

Sam James inaugural exhibition "I'll Believe in Anything" takes us into the intimate worlds of his existence. Showcasing a collection of portraits (self and others), snapshots, events and incidents, "I'll Believe in Anything" is, according to Sam:


"... about we and us. The feeling of we and us. I love that feeling.
I don’t mean we and us exclusively, as a couple, like boyfriend and girlfriend or
anything like that . I mean we and us as in, you know, The Gang... us... the
whole gang… all of us.
It's about the feeling of being one of us.
"I’ll believe in anything" refers to my susceptibility to be sucked in by these
feelings and ideas. It refers to a willingness to take the bait, to get wrapped
up in the moment. To blindly have faith in and trust the people around you, the
world around you. I think life’s just more fun that way..."


Where: Perth Centre of Photography, 91 Brisbane Street, PERTH (Cnr Beaufort and Brisbane St)

When: 16 Aug - 3 Sept

No comments: